The 2019 Annual 5k Remembrance Walk/Run will be Saturday, Sept. 7. This year’s event will take place at Smith Park in Middletown, Ohio. Open registration begins at 8:30 am, with the walk/run starting at 10 am. The course is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Participants are invited to organize a group of co-workers, family, friends or neighbors to walk in honor or memory of a loved one and support the mission of Ohio’s Hospice of Butler & Warren Counties, a not-for-profit, community-based hospice serving patients in their homes, extended care and assisted living facilities, and at Lorelei’s Place Hospice House in Franklin. Awards will be presented to the team and individual who raise the most money for Ohio’s Hospice of Butler & Warren Counties.
Proceeds from the event benefit Lorelei’s Place Hospice House, Focused CareTM, palliative care, complementary therapies and community-wide grief support services to all regardless of ability to pay.
The cost for individual participants will be $25. Teams of five or more will be $20 per person, and youth ages 12 and under will be $10. To register, click https://www.hospiceofbwco.org/event/walk2019/or call 937.222.WALK. If you are running or would like to be timed, you must provide gender and age in your registration. Participants who register by Aug. 14 guarantee an event T-shirt.
Memory signs are available for purchase for $15 before and during the event. The signs will be placed along the side of the start and finish walkway.
This year’s presenting sponsors are Greg and Patti Atkinson. Additional sponsors are Kettering Health Network, Bright Health, Wilson-Schramm Spaulding Funeral Home, Middletown Ford, Anderson Funeral Home and LCNB National Bank.
For questions, contact Sydney Truax at 937.256.9507, ext. 2885, or STruax@OhiosHospice.org.
- Date: Saturday, September 7, 2019
- 8:30 am: Open Registration
- 9:45 am: Specialty Awards and National Anthem
- 10 am: Shotgun Start
- 11-11:15 am: Individual Awards and Door Prize Winners
- Where: Smith Park, 500 Tytus Ave., Middletown, Ohio 45042
- Why: Proceeds support patient and family care at Ohio’s Hospice of Butler & Warren Counties.
- Register by calling 937.222.WALK or online at https://www.hospiceofbwco.org/event/walk2019
- Memory signs can be purchased before and during the event for $15.
- The course is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Dollars raised through the 5k Remembrance Walk/Run support:
- Charity Care — At Ohio’s Hospice of Butler & Warren Counties, everyone receives care regardless of ability to pay.
- Lorelei’s Place Hospice House — Lorelei’s Place Hospice House in Franklin, Ohio, offers extensive care for patients experiencing medical situations or symptoms that cannot be managed in the home or facility-based setting.
- Focused CareTM and Palliative Care and Complementary Therapies — Donor dollars enable us to provide Focused Care, highly specialized disease-specific treatment, for hospice patients and palliative care for patients with significant pain and symptom control issues. Our ability to offer massage, art, music and occupational therapies enables us to assure an improved quality of life for patients.
- Grief Support Services — We provide grief support services for the entire community at no cost, regardless of whether our hospice services have been used. These services are provided in community locations, making it convenient for the bereaved to receive the support they need.